Friday, February 15, 2008

Chernobyl

Okay, so now I just need to play catch-up. I've been interested in Chernobyl for a few years actually. It started with the HBO documentary Chernobyl Heart.

Being only 6 when the accident occurred, I obviously wasn't interested in the event at the time. After watching the documentary though, I couldn't find information fast enough. Another TV show, Seconds from Disaster, highlighted the events occurring before and after the Chernobyl Disaster.

Chernobyl has garnered a great deal of attention over the years because of government cover ups and poor reporting of after effects. Oddly enough, I am just amazed at those who have stayed in Chernobyl after the accident as I am with those who refuse to leave Centralia. Although, unlike Centralia, the health effects from the accident are still not wholly known.

Books I've read on the subject:
Websites of interest:


Related Research Interests:



No comments: